Cushing Street Bar and Restaurant
Location & Contact:
198 W Cushing Street
Tucson, AZ 85701
Cushing Street Bar & Restaurant opened in October 1972 and is still operated by the original family owners. Portions of the main dining room and private dining rooms date back to the 1860's when Arizona was still a Territory.
The oldest parts of the building feature original two foot walls made of thick adobe (mud and straw) which was a popular building material of the 1800's. An antique cut glass chandelier in the bar is from an old French mansion in Mexico City, as is the Art Nouveau statue of Cleopatra which is our trademark. A tall display cabinet was used in 1880 as a legal bookcase in Hermosillo, Sonora. The beautiful Steinway piano is a centennial piano, made in 1876.